Contact Information: Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida, LLC
- Address: 8600 SW 92nd Street, Suite 204-A, Miami, Florida 33156
- Supervising/Contact Person
- Supervisor Phone and e-mail:
- Start Date (Monday 4, October 2021)
- Link to the company webpage: https://www.lungdoctors.com
Note: This site is located in Miami, Florida, and volunteering has started on October 4, 2021. The information about this healthcare organization can be found on its website.
- Established in 2003 in Miami, Florida;
- Fifteen practice medical offices in seven cities;
- Have a group of experienced physicians;
- The company size is 200-500 employees;
- Trains interns in various areas of practice.
Note: Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida, LLC aims to provide comprehensive and up-to-date diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases. It was established in 2003 in Miami, Florida, with a specialization in internal medicine (Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida, n.d.a). The organization covers all hospitals in Miami-Dade and some of the select facilities in Monroe and Broward counties (Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida, n.d.a, n.d.b). The organization employs about 500 highly experienced and skilled physicians in the such areas as Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine (Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida, n.d.a). It has fifteen practice medical offices in seven cities across one state (Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida, n.d.b). Furthermore, it provides training to interns to care for adults of different ages with various health conditions.
Missions and Vision
- Mission 1: to offer state of the art diagnosis of lung diseases;
- Mission 2: to provide comprehensive treatment of lung disorders;
- Mission 3: to conduct a diagnosis of sleep disturbances using modern tools;
- Mission 4: to treat various sleep disorders;
- Vision: To increase the number of sleep centers.
Note: The organization’s missions can be summarized as providing comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases and sleep disturbances. Moreover, their vision is to increase the number of sleep centers in the future.
- Focus on professionalism and practice certification;
- Diagnosing and treating sleep disorders effectively;
- Patient-centered care that is case-individualized;
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation;
- Accepts insurance coverage from most plans.
Note: The core values of the Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida emphasize patient-centered care as every individual has unique needs and co-morbidities that may occur concurrently with their pulmonary or cardiac diseases. The organization is focused on professionalism, practice certification, and effective diagnosis and treatment of sleep and pulmonary disorders effectively. It is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and accepts insurance coverage from AARP, Medicare, Medicaid, and NHP.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Outcomes of Volunteer Experience
- Learning professionalism from top physicians;
- Getting hands-on experience working with patients;
- Adhering to high standards and organizational values;
- Improving communication and time management skills;
- Building a more robust resume.
Note: Volunteering at the Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida LLC is valuable for its opportunity to learn in-person the principles of professionalism from top physicians in the field. Indeed, volunteers can contribute to improving patients’ quality of life by providing skilled services and emotional support (Gorski et al., 2017). Since it is expected that students will acquire hands-on experience from working with several patients every day, I hope to improve my communication and time management skills substantially. Moreover, the volunteers will be asked to adhere to the organization’s core values, which will help them become proficient in clinical work. Overall, I believe this experience will enable me to build a good foundation for clinical work in the future and strengthen my resume.
Gorski, H., Gull, B., Harris, T., Garfield, T., Ashby, J., & Kamimura, A. (2017). Volunteer experiences at a free clinic in the United States: A qualitative study. Diversity & Equality in Health and Care, 14(3), 130-135.
Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida. (n.d.a). About us [LinkedIn page]. LinkedIn. Web.
Pulmonary Physicians of South Florida. (n.d.b). About us. Web.