There is country X (Clemente), whose residents suffered from the dictatorial regime that has been seizuring people for a long time. The population of this country is approximately four million people who need drastic changes in their country’s adjustments. Being victims of the authoritarian order, Clemente residents asked for authority change that might entail positive alterations in their lifestyles, standpoints, and personal perspectives. Fair and unbiased elections were chosen as a tool for new leaders’ appearance whose rationalities and objectives are standing for the democratic frame. To succeed and allocate all possible resources, be it financial or educational ones, leaders resort to recruiting proficient and competent experts to administer the country policy and its sub-categories in a reasonable way. One distinct component of a democratic state is to hold open debates or international summits where country representatives can attract external investors’ attention and outside evaluators to enhance company performance in general. To mobilize the potential of all facilities of this country, an experienced project manager has to present an elaborate management project aligned with the Clemente Global Summit preparation regarding private investors’ and world leaders’ assistance.
The crucial aim of this proposal is to organize the Clemente Global Summit, thus satisfying the needs of all bodies, utilities, and residents. As there has been an authority shift, the project manager must tap into diverse management approaches and their practices coupled with leadership strategies and human resource evaluation. A practical management project requires the proper assessment and consideration of risk management directions and their possible outcomes.
The Organization of the Clemente Global Summit
Every event or public occasion requires particular preparations to make a meeting or a session well done and organized. A project manager must apply diverse management approaches coupled with leadership theories and practices to achieve the desired goal. In this case, the Summit aims to attract foreign investors’ attention and qualified experts from the external side. It stands to reason that all these measures are essential for the country where people were rocked by the dystopian and authoritarian regime imposed on by previous leaders. The successful organization of the Global Summit is an issue of key importance for this country as people are struggling for their freedom and rights that have been violated for several years. The project manager has to scale up their attempts and potential to make Clemente residents’ standpoints heard out and considered. Within the frame of the event organization, the manager has to assess different management approaches and practices to choose the most beneficial one for the public event organization.
Several significant management approaches are implemented in an organization to make an organization the top-leading brand. As this is a case with the public meeting organization where participants’ anticipations and wants have to be satisfied, the project manager must resort to management practices and techniques to make the occasion “fruitful.” To decide on which management approaches to use, the project manager has to analyze the profound management theories and practices.
The Foundational Management Approaches
Running a best-performing business, an organization, or leading a team to success implies operating on working management approaches and strategic plans to build an organization a proficient and abundant entity. Company executives, leaders, and project managers must tap into varied leadership orientations and management theories to lead a company and its members into a top competitive position at a vast expanse of rival firms. These key performance components are indispensable parts of a business administration. There is a specific differentiation between management policies integrated into a cooperation adjustment. The Clemente Global Summit is not an organization or a business. It is a public event, but it also needs particular management strategies and approaches. It requires team building, possible risk evaluation, eradication of misconception, and minor arguments among meeting participants. All members of The Summit have to work collaboratively to make this occasion successful on the political and economical projections.
Foundational Management Approaches:
- The approach or the theory of General Systems;
- Human Relations Approach;
- Administrative approach.
The Approach or The Theory of General Systems
The representatives of the general System approach are the zealous supporters of the whole and complex organizational process of all entities existing in a company or event adjustment. In this frame, project managers stand for the wholeness of corporate undertakings in event preparation. According to the significant philosophy of this approach, all members involved in the structure of The General System approach have to work collaboratively as corporate integration is supposed to be the leading part of this management frame (Valentinov & Pérez-Valls, 2021, p.17). It is considered that this approach is a measure of the specific scientific sphere of nonphysical concepts or notions. Representatives of the General System approach are against the hierarchical order of things. They are one hundred percent sure that there is no need to create the main head office that distributes responsibilities flowing down from a boss to their subordinates getting a less prestigious position in the business chart. Instead, there is a resolution to create several systems or facilities of management that can share liabilities and charges among these facilities.
The Strategic Plan of the implementation of the general system theory:
- Goals and objectives definition- During goal and objectives definition, diverse entities and facilities might exchange their standpoints and rationalities for choosing the most beneficial one (Kiesling, 2021, p.20). This technique might lead an organization or a project to success and overall company prosperity;
- Project orientation- Each department or facility creates projects with multiple directions for accomplishing. The strategic plan of this frame is to make the project manager act out as a leader possessing mentoring aptitudes. The leader is liable for their followers’ coordination as well as proper evaluation of project members’ prepositions and requests;
- The strategy for transformation- As mentioned above, the approach of general systems is centered around creating several units and entities for accomplishing the project’s overall goal. For this reason, it is reasonable to attract internal and external assessments of organizational raters. Positive and negative assessments and feedback on raters’ behalf might lead to successful project preparation. The internal or external evaluation might help team members to analyze which objectives to reconsider, weaknesses to eliminate, or significant upsides to refine.
As the Clemente Global summit is the case of the public meeting, which aims at external investors’ attraction, the approach of the general systems might come in handy, but only as a backup plan. Clemente is a country that suffered from an authoritarian regime and all residents of this country are tired of this country’s conduct. The appearance of new leaders in Clemente implies that people have to be under the surveillance of authority, but this policy has to be changed drastically. People have to be given more freedom in their actions and expressing their standpoints. All of them have to be guided carefully in order to eradicate all possible risks of inciting riots and escalating issues on Clemente citizens’ behalf due to lack of appropriate controlling, monitoring and leading forces.
In the Clemente Global Summit paradigm, there has to be one leader focusing on the desired results of the Summit. As individuals’ rights have previously been violated and they suffered from omnipresent oppression and underestimation, Clemente citizens do not get used to acting on their own and need modified guidelines. These guidelines and controlling forces have to be represented by one person, who is the project manager and the current leader monitoring the whole process of the organization. They can distribute duties and responsibilities among the Summit participants, but they have to minimize the creation of small groups and teams with a particular set of duties, as people cannot handle power given to them in a sensible way.
In the frame of the General System management approach, such a strategy as the strategy for transformation can be integrated into the summit organization. The method for transformation revolves around the assessment of external sources that can provide the participants of public meetings with unbiased evaluation and prepositions. If the project manager taps into outside raters’ assistance, it can pay them off, giving them a more expanded vision of all undertaking processes. New emerging leaders are planning to interact with competent experts having working knowledge in the management patterns. It is essential to cooperate with external evaluators to make the Summit the event where people’s voices and concerns are considered, and authorities are forced to take actions to enhance the general situation. As the critical aim is to attract outside investors able to fund and allocate finances to improve Clemente entities, it is vital to comprehend how the developing countries operate. For this very reason, the strategy for transformation might assist the project manager in achieving the desired goal in terms of cooperation with outside investors.
Human Relation Management Approach
Human Relations Theory is the approach centered around team members’ needs in order to satisfy them and meet them. According to this theory, it is essential that company participants feel to be heard out, and their concerns are to be taken into account, as the overall company sentiment is the number one priority (Lloyd-Jones, 2021, p. 50). Working in the positive micro-environment, workers display a high rate of motivation that guards them to manifest good performances. Given a lot of personal freedom, organization participants feel that they are not given second-class treatment, but belong to the high-profile group of people, whose initiatives are encouraged and welcomed. It is a case of stimulation and promotion of workers who want to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve a company mutual goal. In other words, collaboration is the significant component of the Human Relations Theory, where company executives, leaders, and supervisors try to satisfy employees’ needs and wants.
The Strategic Plan of the implementation of the Human Relation Theory:
- The integration of labor motivation policy- Human Relations Theory means that every project participant has equal rights and prospects with other members of the project. In this frame, mechanistic management perspectives are replaced with people-oriented perspectives;
- The integration of Humanity Complexity frame- In this paradigm, there is an emphasis on interpersonal interaction among team members. An individual’s soft side is constantly evaluated, as this side represents emotions, biases, and sometimes irrational logic. The crucial role of a manager is to strengthen individuals’ upsides and eliminate their downsides;
- Centralization- Although a manager or a supervisor is authorized, they pay attention to every “cog” in their system. They are decisive that their followers are eligible to make decisions by themselves;
- Initiative Appraisal -Project managers have to assure project participants that they are accessible in their standpoint expression, as well as in offering new initiatives, ideas, and plans;
- Staff Retention.
In the paradigm of the Global Summit, the management approach of Human Relations is the best solution, and it can be used as the dominant strategy for the summit organization. Evidently, Clement residents are fed up with the authoritarian country’s conduct and need more humane treatment. It is essential to give project participants more freedom to express their standpoints and visions. The project work requires varied consideration of all mechanisms involved in the public event. It means that the more ideas are analyzed, the better result the project manager will get. The project manager might face several challenges while organizing the event. They have to achieve conflicting goals; the first one is to handle the leadership and remain a supervisor and a mentor throughout the whole organizing process. The second one is to give enough freedom to the event participants. On the one hand, these goals contradict each other, as it is next to impossible to remain the leader and the top-performing manager while expanding the personal space of individuals.
As to strategies that might be useful in the organizational process of the Clemente Global Summit, such options as the integration of humanity complexity frame, equity imposing, and initiative appraisal can contribute to the positive outcome. These practices might standardize the significant notions of the Human Relation management approach. The project manager must tap into these activities to organize a team where summit participants follow their instructions without reservation. The project manager has to make public event participants not only sustain the strict order in the company maintenance, but also be able to be order-centralized and organized.
Administrative Management Approach
The administrative management approach is the structure represented by administrative or managerial aptitudes and skills aligned with managing a team to work as a complex workforce. This theory can be characterized by individuals exchanging their experiences with others to maintain a company or an organization efficiently (Isomura, 2021, p. 40). There are several significant principles representatives of the administrative management theory operate on, they are:
- Authority-Managers function as the authority that is in charge of forming groups, giving orders, and distributing responsibilities among company representatives and leading project managers. Managers must possess a high level of accuracy, working knowledge of organization mechanisms, and intelligence (Boon, 2021, p. 5237). This set of abilities makes a current manager take the leading position in the organization;
- Division of Work- There is a strict distribution of labor. People are preoccupied with particular liabilities of spheres they want to be good at, as productivity is the critical component a proficient worker must manifest. Company executives are against multi-tasking frames;
- Discipline- Every company participant must have their own responsibilities and rules that they are to follow. The crucial role of managers is to drive home the message concerning organization workers’ liabilities and duties and make them explicit;
- Command unity- A team member has to run reprimands expressed only on one supervisor’s behalf. This behavioral frame, where project participants receive instructions and orders from the particular supervisor or a current leader, creates the structure of centralized notions, such as discipline, stability, authority, peace, and order;
- Direction unity- The central concept of this principle is to create the uniformity of actions, where project members are guided by the directions of one supervisor or a manager, operating on a plan set by the manager. This pattern emphasizes effort, focus, and strength coordination.
In general, the approach based on administrative theory has a lot of significant merits, as this frame is aligned with making an organization or a project an order-centralized and organized body. People participating in entities with no proper discipline and strict rules imposed on leaders or authorities can be on the verge of pervasive degradation. The administrative theory is the worst option in the Clemente Global Summit paradigm. Clemente residents cannot exist in an environment of total control and oppression anymore. They need more humane and civil concern where they are given more perspectives for their personal projections. In case the project manager uses this approach, Clemente citizens might be in a predicament, as they will feel the tension and the right violation. New emerging leaders might realize they do not have stable positions and respect as they have not earned Clemente citizens’ credit to them yet. Resorting to the administrative theory, new leaders are at high risk of being in destructive chaos.
The project manager has to validate alternate approaches in assuring team members that managers and supervisors are their role models in order to follow any single instructions and not abuse their loyal treatment. Moreover, the leader has to combine the concern for assignment perspective and the concern for behavioral perspective to make them the complete body of leadership management. The project manager has to integrate the human relation management approach as the dominant plan coupled with the theory of the general system theory to get the desired effect. To optimize all project members’ working potential, the manager has to resort to situational leadership. Situational leadership style represents a leader’s ability to react, facilitate and enhance employees’ abilities related to the current situation. This style provides action flexibility and a vast expanse of beneficial outcomes.
The concept of situational leadership consists of two dimensions: a concern for assignment distribution and concern for behavioral patterns. Control, support, defining goals, establishing personal contact with project participants, and setting deadlines are the primary leader’s liability. Sometimes, there are some issues a leader might face during their administration policy. For instance, a leader cannot pay attention to all management aspects, such as discipline, the centralized decision-making process, and the pervasive obedience on employee’s behalf. Besides, some points such as less support surveillance or lack of uplifting mood might be left unattended. As a rule, the inability to observe all management risks and factors is a newbie leader’s implication position due to little first-hand experiment in the leadership policy.
The Summit Plan Propper
- The objectives of the Summit are to attract external investors that might use the development of the Clemente facilities needing urgent reconstruction. The current leaders want to follow blueprints imposed on by developing countries where the democratic pattern of country conduct is the leading structure. For this reason, authorities are going to organize the public even with the help of the appointed manager who has extensive knowledge in the sphere of even organization;
- The work process- The work has to undergo in the form of sessions, where would-be participants have legal rights to express their prepositions. During these sessions, all members have to come to mutual understanding and come to the Summit’s common purpose. Every participant has to accomplish minor tasks so as not to be over-busy. When tasks are distributed, the next step of the global Summit comes into force. This step integrates international communication, where external evaluators provide participants with feedback. The next step is to organize the media coverage to facilitate omnipresent people’s acknowledge of the democratic regime;
- The cost of the Summit organization- The organization’s cost must not be high. Every public event has a budget made of the taxes collected from country residents. As there is a drastic shift of authorities, the taxes have to be decreased, so the Clemente Summit’s budget also has to be democratic (approximately X thousand pounds). The time duration of the organizational process must be at most two weeks, as the country adjustments require urgent measurements.
- Optimization of resource assigning- As mentioned above, only one leader might guide the whole process in the organizational process. Still, there can be several aides who have particular charges and duties. There can be a unique guideline reference document or a plan, where all responsibilities and registers are formulated fully to eliminate misconceptions and risks of failures.
Guidelines for Media Coverage:
- to inform and create awareness;
- no panic or confusion among the public;
- fake news and fake narrative exposition;
- verification of all information before presentation or publication;
The Risk Analysis and Baseline Plan
Global Summits and fair and unbiased hall-style debates are the current issues nowadays. People want to express their standpoint and viewpoint freely and not be afraid of being criticized. Public events are an excellent opportunity to voice concerns and issues that are much spoken about nowadays. These occasions represent negotiation where everybody has a chance to participate, raise matters they are worried about and get satisfying feedback.
It stands to reason that maintaining the global Summit is difficult, as individuals are under the seizure of social mainstream influences. The social endorsement frame implies a correspondence to people’s central social norms and morals (Putra & Fitri, 2021, p. 20). In case a person has an opposite standpoint that differs from a typical one, an individual might face harsh criticism as they do not squeeze into this social frame. Global summits are a chance to crack long-standing boundaries and armors in terms of expressing opinions freely.
Different Social Contexts as the Major Risk for the Event Failure
Social context is the profound element influencing people’s behavioral patterns in a debate setting. Social context nurtures arguments about behavioral and influences, as well as culture projection at the totality of any societal belief systems, social practices, mores that make human beings unique from others. People might struggle with several obstacles during a summit setting, such as misunderstandings, misconceptions, and pervasive criticism as their perspectives differ from others’. There might be disputes and deliberations among debate participants as they cannot come up with a mutual understanding because of different social backgrounds.
The project manager has to implement five functions of management to avoid all risks, these functions are:
- Planning (anticipation of further profitable and beneficial action towards the successful result of the Summit);
- Organizing (authority layout, covering training and recruitment, coordinating organization participants and their activities that have to be clear and “serene” for them);
- Minimum commanding;
- Coordinating (the awareness of individuals’ liabilities, and team members’ needs);
- Controlling (evaluation of how plans, rules are followed).
Personal Characteristics of the Leader
The project manager has to be the servant leader satisfying the needs of all project participants. It is essential for all members to feel that their concerns and voices are heard and taken into account. The manager has to be a mentor leading his team to success. The leader must combine leadership with mentoring, as mentoring philosophy is the guiding force in terms of their mental and spiritual enlightenment. As it is an international event, the manager has to be very competent and be in the know of all peculiarities of foreign mentalities and social contexts. In other words, the manager has to encourage their summit participants with no pressure and direct influence. It is a challenging project for the leader, as they must motivate event members to put in their best efforts to get the desired effect of the summit but remain strict and decisive in case of any discipline-misconduct. In case the manager forces their followers into any actions, the organization of the conference would not succeed. In other words, there are no chances for authoritarianism and dictatorship.
Boon, Q. W. (2021). A Review of the management theory for special education task load perspective. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education (Turcoman), 12(11), pp. 5234-5238.
Isomura, K. (2021). Search for missing links between records management and business administration. Archives for Maintaining Community and Society in the Digital Age, 5(1), pp. 39-47.
Kiesling, L. (2021). Plug-and-play, mix-and-match: a capital systems theory of digital technology platforms. The Review of Austrian Economics, 34(1), pp.13-32.
Lloyd-Jones, B. (2021). Developing competencies for emotional, instrumental, and informational student support during the COVID-19 pandemic: A human relations/human resource development approach. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 23(1), pp.41-54.
Putra, R. B., & Fitri, H. (2021). The Effects of mediating job satisfaction on organizational citizenship behaviors with servant leadership and human relations as antecedent variables. AMAR (Andalas Management Review), 5(1), pp.15-32.
Valentinov, V., & Pérez-Valls, M. (2021). A conception of moral wayfinding for business managers: the obligation for a sustainable corporation. Journal of Cleaner Production, 284(1), pp.15-28.